The Graphic Designer position is full-time, working to create materials for the theater's exciting creative projects and performances. The position reports to the VP Marketing and is responsible for maintaining high quality standards and ensuring the consistency of the Arts Center message.
- Maintain brand consistency and update all visual elements representing Arts Center and its related programming.
- Conceptualize, design, and produce marketing and event materials. This includes advertisements, direct mail, email campaigns, brochures, posters, quarterly magazines, and environmental signage.
- Create a unique visual identity for theatrical productions and other performances that accurately represents the themes, genre, and style of the specific piece.
- Collaborate with the VP of Marketing to discuss requirements, preliminary layouts, and necessary revisions.
- Streamline digital presence by collaborating with the Digital Marketing Manager to develop digital marketing materials for website and social media.
- Assist in the creation and distribution of messaging for other departments, including educational offerings and development campaigns.
- Communicate and maintain positive relations with Business Partners and other vendors.
- Oversee in-house print production and prepare larger scale press-ready materials for outsourced printers.
Essential Qualifications & Skills:
- BFA in Graphic Design or related area of study, and/or comparable work experience.
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Cloud, including InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop.
- An extensive design portfolio demonstrating breadth of abilities across various styles and disciplines.
- Experience distributing email campaigns through Mailchimp.
- Meticulous and detail-oriented with an eye for balance in design.
- An up-to-date and continually evolving understanding of trends in marketing, social media, and other forms of visual communication.
- Excellent project management skills that allow coordinating multiple deadlines, task completion efficiency, and independent prioritization.
- Great personality is a must!
- Fundamental knowledge of HTML/CSS.
- Comfortable navigating Apple/Mac operating systems and devices.
- Familiarity constructing webpages on Webflow or similar CMS platform.
- Experience with or interest in the arts/theatre/entertainment industries.
- Familiarity with automated workflows (eg: Zapier).
- Photography experience is a plus.
What We Offer:
- 401-K, paid vacation, insurance plans, comp tickets to productions
- Schedule flexibility of a hybrid in-person and remote work structure
- Private work-space
- An exciting professional theater environment that’s both collaborative and creative